"You can always tell the kind of woman a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you." -Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Aprons!

Good morning! I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday! I spent the day with family and friends and had a wonderful Christmas! My favorite gifts were, by far, the diamond earrings given to me by MCC and an adorable CUPCAKE apron his mother made for me! She is so talented, and the apron is just perfect! (I will be posting a photo as soon as I figure out how to use my brand new digital camera Santa brought!). For now, I wanted to share some photos of adorable aprons I found here, as well as one of my favorite French recipes from Ina Garten.

Ingredients

  • 9 1/2 ounces very good semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 8 ounces very good bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews
  • 1 cup chopped dried apricots
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries

Directions

Melt the 2 chocolates in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.

Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a 9 by 10-inch rectangle on the paper. Turn the paper facedown on the baking sheet.

Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the cashews, apricots and cranberries over the chocolate. Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 1 by 3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment