"You can always tell the kind of woman a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you." -Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Creme Brulee: how I love thee.

For Christmas I received the new Harry Connick, Jr. CD, Your Songs. I absolutely love "crooner" style music, and love his version of the Billy Joel classic "Just the Way You Are".
In other news, tonight I went to see the film It's Complicated with one of my best friends. I thought it was adorable, and had a phenomenal story line. One of the lead characters Jane, played by Meryl Streep, was a baker and I was inspired to hone my baking skills while on break. I picked up the Barefoot Contessa cookbook Back to Basics from the local library. Not only do I love the show on Food Network, but I also love Ina's approach to cooking: classic and elegant meals that everyone can enjoy. Since I've been craving creme brulee, I think I'll try my hand at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment